Server Discussion

Plugin Ideas and Info!

Discuss anything about the server here.

Moderator: Mod

Plugin Ideas and Info!

Postby DragoDrone93 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Heyo Everyone!

We would like to hear from all of you these questions:

-What Plugins would you like to see on the server?
-what plugins do you see as broken or could be fixed?

We cannot guarantee every plugin suggested will be added. But regardless, we will without a doubt be looking at any ideas that you may suggest! Leave a post below if you have any ideas for the Server.
DragoDrone93

Re: Plugin Ideas and Info!

Postby Grimhaven » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:27 pm

Something for the group to discuss... an old suggestion but something that gets brought up periodically.

I think the addition of a town plugin would be helpful. Maybe not something as far reaching as Towny but rather just a way for admins to set a town plot, which a player can then subdivide themselves into tenant plots, and manage therein. An efficient rent system, as well as a way to kick people out, would add an ongoing economy function and would encourage more player interaction. The server itself is not geared towards raiding or significant pvp, so many of the functions of an actual "towny" server would be wasted, as we already have the ability to create shops and such, and a simpler plugin might be less of a conflict with the other protection systems (I have no idea.. I'm just guessing. I know towny was in place before i joined, but i don't know how it interacted with existing protections).

This would, of course, also have the advantage of giving more of the responsibility of managing the interior plots to the players themselves, rather than needing staff to make any changes as we constantly add new players.

Selfishly, Having the ability to build towns in the existing worlds and being able to subdivide protections already in place for this purpose would be attractive, as i think there are already a number of quasi-towns either built or in the process thereof, and a new tenant system could help for them to grow. (Yes, I admit my own motivations are slightly selfish as I am building a city, though its original purpose is mostly for decoration and a strong sense of "I just wanna build one").

Again, the Towny (or Towny like) question is not new, but still something to discuss ;)
"Can't sleep... clowns will eat me... Can't sleep... clowns will eat me..."
- Bart Simpson
Grimhaven

Postby Shadowborn_Kira » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:17 pm

Not sure what happened to it with 1.12 or what would be needed to fix it but /ua, spleef in particular, has been brought up by members as something they'd be looking to do. If there's something I can do to help bring it back let me know.

- Kira
Shadowborn_Kira

Postby George Bronx » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:59 pm

dynamap ;(
“It’s amazing what can be accomplished if you don’t care who gets the credit.”― Harry S Truman
George Bronx

Postby Grimhaven » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:29 pm

In response to previous suggestions...

dynamap would be cool... there's a lot of builds out there, especially in the older worlds, that people never realize are there.

/ua gets brought up fairly regularly, notably spleef. It would be nice to get that running again.
- Bart Simpson
Grimhaven

Postby HelpfulTrash » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:31 pm

i think a dynmap would be a great idea!
HelpfulTrash

Postby Grimhaven » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:26 am

One thing I would love to see is autocrafting benches

There are a number of addons for them, to various degrees, but the inclusion of one that limited the recipes for it would be highly useful i think, plus it would give some measure of control over what its being used for.

Making the recipes purchasable (with tacos) would also give players additional goals.

(Would be amazing for condensing things like iron into blocks and such)

... just a thought
- Bart Simpson
Grimhaven

Return to Server Discussion